The Theme: Throw a Bluegrass bash with subtle nods to the Kentucky tradition.
The Palette: Emerald green, blush pink, and pops of rich brown and silver
The Southern Touch: Sip mint juleps, snack on cheese straws, and encourage guests to wear hats, of course.
The Styling Trick: Play up the party theme by attaching place cards to lightweight horseshoes.
1. AGame Deluxe Metal Horseshoe Game Set, $20; academy.com
2. Vista Alegre Bicos Water Goblet in Green, $65 for four; themine.com
3. Bernardaud Marie Antoinette Green Service Plate, $155; scullyandscully.com
4. All in Good Taste Sculpted Stripe Dinner Plate in Pink, $60 for four; katespade.com
5. Equestrian Hunter Horse Salad Plate, $125 for four; patriciaborum.com
6. Twine Old Kentucky Home Mint Julep 12 oz. Juice Glass, $22; amazon.com
7. Bunny Williams Melange Flatware 5-Piece Set, $69; ballarddesigns.com
8. Stone Washed Linen Napkin in Rosa, $20; linenme.com
9. Oval Tortoise Napkin Ring, $15; bloomingdales.com
3 of 3Robbie Caponetto
The Pool Party
The Theme: Make a big splash by packing fun and thoughtful ideas into a casual, laid-back get-together.
The Palette: Vibrant coral, yellow, and aqua
The Southern Touch: Premixed signature drinks in your party colors keep things easy and fuss free.
The Styling Trick: Cheery accents—like star plates, confetti, striped straws, and pinwheel place cards— add whimsy on top of a mint green bistro table (shopterrain.com).